SRI AMAN COURT
The first established court in Sri Aman is on 1864. Ford Alice were built by Rajah Charles Brooke.The Ford Alice were mainly as administrative centre and also defence ford to keep peace at Sungai Batang Lupar. This ford as well, is the Civil Court at that particular time. On the lower floor of the ford is the detention facilities for the accused.
On 8th day of May 2006 marked the shifting of Magistrate and Sessions Court Sri Aman the old office at Block 1, Bangunan Negeri, Jalan Abang Aing to the present office at ground floor, Block 4, Wisma Persekutuan, Jalan Kejatau, Sri Aman. The present Sri Aman Court has two courtrooms.
The Sri Aman Resident Magistrate also sits at the circuit stations namely in Betong, Lubok Antu, Saratok and Simunjan
Sibu Court House was started its operation as early year 1935. During this time, the courtroom was placed at lower ground of Bangunan Pejabat Daerah Sibu. The Court was situated near Bangunan Pelabuhan Rejang and Police Office.
New Sibu Court Complex was officially opened by Tuan Yang Terutama Yang Di-Pertuan Negeri Sarawak Tun Datuk Patinggi Abang Haji Muhammad Salahuddin on 3 May 1980. It was officially run its administration at this new complex in 1983.
The circuit stations under the administration of Sibu Court are Kapit, Mukah, Song, Dalat, Kanowit and Belaga.
Sarikei Court House was started its operation as early year 1937. During this time, the courtroom was placed at Bangunan Pejabat Daerah Sarikei. The Magistrate also was assigned to hear cases registered under the district of Bintangor, Julau and Matu-Daro.
Initially, cases registered were heard by Pegawai Daerah. In 1970, the cases started been heard by the assigned Magistrate.
New Sarikei Court Complex was officially run its administration in November 2010.
The Bintulu Court has established way back in 1985 of which a Magistrate Court its Registry was set up in Bintulu. The Magistrate was assigned to hear the cases in the District of Tatau and Sebauh.
Since the establishment of Magistrate’s Court at Bintulu is was then operated at Wisma Residen, Bintulu before moving into its own court complex known as “Kompleks Mahkamah Bintulu” in February, 2003.
Before 2005, Bintulu Court was only occupied by one Magistrate and the supporting staff, dealing with cases registered within the jurisdiction on the Magistrate’s Court itself. Cases that are within the jurisdiction of the High Court and Session’s Court Judge are registered and filed at the respective Registry in Miri. However, hearing of the cases were still be conducted in Bintulu and respective Judges from Miri were assigned to hear those cases.
Beginning 1st day of September, 2005, the High Court at Bintulu has been established to accommodate the increasing number of cases in Bintulu. For Session’s Court Bintulu, it has been established on 3rd day of May, 2007.